- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
BIGGER THAN BASKETBALL. MORE THAN SNEAKERS.
In 1955, Indiana’s Crispus Attucks Tigers became the first all-black high school basketball team to win a state championship in a racially segregated United States. The “team without a gym,” was constantly confronted with the fact that society viewed them as subhuman. In spite of being denied the traditional downtown celebration following their victory, the team’s success was a catalyst for racial integration both on and off the court. Other schools began recruiting black players to become more competitive. The Tigers repeated as champions the following year, again in 1959 and most recently in 2017.
WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOWN
- Design inspired by Attucks team colors and uniform.
- Features the Crispus Attucks Tiger logo.
- 4 Embroidered Stars signify Attucks’ four state titles.
- Materials inspired by the team’s letterman’s jacket.
- OrthoLite insole for comfort.
- SKU: 104-171
- Style: 170153C
6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.